In the storm water management market, precast sand traps are the answer to unique filtering requirements. Precast sand traps, also known as sand filters, capture sediments from runoff water, solve particle separation problems, and lower phosphate levels. These vaults contain two chambers, one for filtering large debris and particulates and another that contains the sand to filter contaminants from the water itself, including emulsified liquids. The sand filter is typically situated between a collection structure and water piping. Each filter can be sized to match your application, thereby making processing and maintaining more efficient. Oldcaslte Infrastructure sand filters are available in a variety of sizes and feature a high-flow bypass to comply with underground structure requirements.
- Modular Construction
- Base/Bottom Section
- Retaining Baffles
- Lids and Top Sections
- Riser Sections
- Frames and Covers
- Embedded Lifters
- Grade Rings and Risers
- Knock-outs and Block-outs
- Rugged durability to efficiently slow down the flow of waste water and withhold sand and sediment before flowing into a sanitary sewer system
- Customizable sectional design
- Quick and easy install
- Sturdy five-sided watertight design
- Customizable with special accesses, block-outs, and knock-outs
- Variety of shapes and sizes available
- Precast baffles are fitted in the base section
- Create the barrier to capture sand and sediment
- Your project requirements will determine the number of baffles installed
- Cover and protect
- Maintenance and inspection accessibility
- Variety of shapes and sizes
- Variable access opening sizes and locations offered
- Elevate access to accommodate for varied depths
- Variety of sizes available
- Variety of sizes and shapes
- Rectangular frames and galvanized covers or manhole frames with cast or ductile iron covers
- Allow for easy install
- Galvanized steel material
- 2, 4, 8, and 20 ton loading capabilities
- 1 ton universal lifters also available
- Elevate access opening covers to grade
- Available in rectangular and round shapes
- Available in multiple locations to accommodate various connection sizes and elevations
- Round or rectangular shapes available per design specifications
- Knock-outs are easily broken with a hammer for a desired fit
Load Rating: sand-filters-interceptors
Looking for a quote for your project?
While browsing our products, select “Add to Quote Generator” to quickly get an estimate for everything you need.
Having issues finding information?
Just contact our representatives to answer any questions you may have.