Rainwater events create the potential for soil erosion around pipes and inlets used for storm water collection and conveyance. For applications near roadways or walkways, precast safety end treatments are the engineered solution to provide superior erosion control. Most importantly, these structures are equipped with galvanized piping on the top of the structure to provide a safe embankment that can deflect an oncoming vehicle from the concrete structure. Oldcaslte Infrastructure offers safety end treatments in various sizes and configurations. Custom treatments are also available. Selecting the appropriate end treatment is related to pipe size, end treatment location, side slope rate, terrain characteristics, drift conditions, right-of way availability, and other project considerations. Oldcaslte Infrastructure safety end treatments are manufactured with Type I (square) or Type II (round) openings to fit your project needs. Depending on your municipality’s specifications, our safety end treatments are available with galvanized bars in either Type C cross drainage configurations or Type P parallel drainage configurations. Application requirements are largest considerations when choosing a type of safety end treatment. Type C or Cross Drainage Cross drainage end treatments handle drainage flow across and beneath a roadway. Type P or Parallel Drainage Parallel drainage end treatments handle drainage flow parallel to travel lanes.
- Single Piece Construction
- Base Section
- Offers rugged durability for storm water conveyance and errosion control
- Quick and easy install
- Three-sided construction with wings and base provides an opening for stormwater runoff
- Terminates drainage pipe
- Available with Type I (square) or Type II (round) pipe openings
- Variety of sizes available
- Galvanized steel rods help deflect vehicles away from the concrete structure
- Available in either Type C (cross drainage) or Type P (parallel drainage) configurations
Load Rating: end-treatments-conveyance, end-treatments-release
Height: 2’ 5 1/4”
Length: 8’ 4 1/4”
Weight: 3650 lb
Looking for a quote for your project?
While browsing our products, select “Add to Quote Generator” to quickly get an estimate for everything you need.